Last Homework! Due April 27
Read Chapters 5, 9 and 10 in Saferstein. Based on your readings, answer the following questions:
1.What is the fundamental difference between organic and inorganic substances?
2. What is the difference between qualitative and quantitative determinations. Name an example of each from what we have done in lab this semester or talked about.
3. Briefly describe the chromatographic process. Be sure to explain how motion is important to the process.
4. What three chromatographic processes are most applicable to for solving analytical problems typically encountered in the crime laboratory? What is the main advantage of each?
5. What is electrophoresis and what is it most widely used for?
6. What is the most important drawback to gas chromatography?
7. In what area does mass spectrometry currently have its greatest application for forensic scientists?
Chapter 9 end of chapter 2,4,6,7,13,20,21,26,27,28,34,35,36,38,45,46
Chapter 10 end of chapter 1,5,9,12,19,23,29,32.