Autodocs: Software for Federal Depository Libraries
Autodocs is an electronic check-in and shelflist system designed to be used with Microsoft Access. Version 1.6 can be used with Access 2007 or later. It is best used with Access 2010 or later. It has been tested on Access 2013. It allows one to download an electronic shipping list to check-in and shelflist receipts without keying in shipping list data. There is a method of handling items that regularly arrive without a shipping list. Labels are generated only at the end of the session, not at the end of each shipping list, thereby reducing the number of wasted blank labels. The SuDoc sorting feature uses an algorithm developed by Stan Price at USC Aiken in the late 1990s.
Autodocs: A Federal Documents Check-in System a text file that introduces Autodocs and gives detailed features added to version 1.6. Text file.
FAQ and Guide
Autodocs: Frequently Asked Questions and User's Guide: now available in html here at the Autodocs server.
Autodocs 1.6: in Zip file ready to download. Please register below if you download and use a copy of Autodocs. I will keep a list of people who are interested in Autodocs, so that I can keep you informed about upgrades. I will not use the list for purposes other than announcements. How to Load Autodocs.
How to load Autodocs
- Download the zipped copy from this site.
- If you do not already have such a directory, create a directory with the path c:\access. (While it is not required to have Autodocs operate in a directory with this path, the path is the default path within Autodocs for finding the incoming shipping list, and things will go more smoothly all around if everything is in that directory.)
- Unzip the autodocs directory into c:\access.
- You may want to print out and read the documentation files:
- autodocs_readme_first.txt -- General Information describing Autodocs
- AutoFAQ.html -- Frequently asked Questions and User's Guide
- Autotutorial.rtf -- Frequently asked Questions and User's Guide
- procedures16.docx -- Check-in procedures for processing documents using Autodocs.